December 13, 2012

Day 2 {Holiday Curl}

First, let me begin by saying I am sorry for the length of this post, but I am super excited to share the holiday curl with you. I know I am not the first girl to do this tutorial so just bare with me. 

Since my hair has gotten longer I have enjoyed trying different things with my hair. I love to style my hair this way on about the third of fourth day of not washing it because the curl holds longer and the messier the better. 



Boar Bristle Brush / Rattail Comb / Paddle Brush / Round Brush / Bumble & Bumble Sumo Tech




 

 This step is optional. I have very straight hair and like to give it a little shape and extra volume before I use the flat iron to curl it. Remember, the shaping doesn't need to be perfect...

  




I like to back comb before I curl my hair so when I brush out the rats nest I don't lose the curl. I found this amazing rattail comb from Sally Beauty Supply. It has official become my most favorite hair tool. Remember when back combing you don't need to go super fast. Start from the top of the section and drag the comb down to your root. After, I have back combed a section I like to spray the Big Sexy Volumizing Dry Shampoo at the root of the back comb to ensure volume all day long. 

   



 



You are going to curl both sections the same way. I like to separate my hair into two section and curl the bottom section first so I don't miss any strands. 


I take about an inch of hair and clamp it between my flat iron. I leave about a 1/4 of the end of my hair sticking out to give it a more beachy natural look. Then I twist the flat iron away from my face. I hold the flat iron there long enough to give it some bend but not long enough for a ringlet.
If you want to mix things up you may want to try alternating the way you curl each strand.






 

Once I have curled all the way around my head then I hairspray and separate the sections to give them a messy look. 







I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. This style is quick, easy, and a nice way to mix up your look.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, adore it. So cute. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new post and latest style column for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete